Latest Update - August 28th, 2020
Updated as of December 15, 2020
As we navigate the transition of being open for outdoor dining only, we want to provide guests with all of the steps we are taking to ensure the safety and comfort of our diners as well as our employees. Guests will step inside briefly with social distancing protocols in place to be seated by a staff member.
PLEASE NOTE: IT IS REQUIRED BY NC LAW TO WEAR A MASK WHEN INSIDE OR NOT SEATED AT YOUR TABLE. FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR SERVERS, WE ALSO ASK THAT IF NOT ACTIVELY EATING OR DRINKING YOU WEAR YOUR MASK WHEN YOUR SERVER IS AT YOUR TABLE.
- We host FOH meetings regularly to keep staff informed.
- We ask that our employees maintain a safe social distance from one another and guests.
- Our indoor dining room is spaced to comply with social distancing and current capacity guidelines.
- We have plexiglass up at the ordering areas of the inside bar.
- Masks and gloves will be worn by all employees.
- By the mandate of Buncombe County and North Carolina law, customers are required to wear masks inside or when not actively eating or drinking. We will have signs to help remind you of this requirement as well as disposable masks available.
- We will drop all plates, silverware, and drinks at the end of the table and ask that guests collaborate with your server on passing food around the table
- For the inside market area, we placed floor markings and signage to remind everyone about social distancing.
- We spaced outside tables and rooftop tables at least 6 feet apart.
- We implemented strict sanitation SOPs that are reviewed consistently with staff at meetings which include disinfecting bathrooms, surfaces, point of sale systems, pens, billfolds, and any other items that are re-used by customers (although we greatly minimized items with multi-use).
- We've made hand sanitizer available in several areas.
- Our managers completed the NC Count on Me Pledge.
- Employees will wash their hands before work and whenever they have the opportunity.
- Our paper menus are one-time use menus and QR codes are provided for bar service.